Friday, June 16, 2017

June 15, 2017

I got a text message from a good friend of mine today. His father passed away at work this morning. It came as quite a shock to me of course but then me being me, getting him back to KL quickly dominated the agenda of the afternoon.
Sure enough the people that I called were right on it providing me with all the information and constant updates on the options available.

As the arrangements were finalized, I went back to working on my lists, and following up on my appointments. The usual day to day tasks.

After my last appointment, I checked back with my friend as he arrived and gave him a ride home. We spoke about many things and I tried to distract him as much as I could. He then told me about the series of events that led to him contacting me, all the while choking every few phrases in an attempt to hold back.

He shared with me a lot about his family. They have always had enough and his parents recently had a plan together that is to buy a new car, the latest Subraru SUV. They bought it and the car will be delivered in about a week's time. It is quite unfortunate that he didn't get to even drive it..

It wasn't until when I left that I began to tear. It was painful to hear my friend say
"已经哭了一整天了。 原来人是可以有那么多眼泪的”.

I'm grateful for my friends in the travel industry willing to help me help my friend on such short notice. I may never find out how much work you put on hold to get my friend through the system, and I want to thank you in person. 
Guys, you know who you are and I am grateful to you for making time and to extend your helping hand. 
Thank you. 

____________________________________________________


An Update 
It turns out that his father has bought a few life insurance policies in his lifetime, and my friend has reached out to me to help with identifying them and going through the claims process. Though none of it was bought from me, I am very honored that it was me that he reached out to help in this area. 

So what I will be doing with him for the next few days is to collect all relevant documents and also to work together with his mom while we go through the claims process. 

Now, some of you might be skeptical about claiming due to your past unfortunate experiences dealing with your respective agents (or those that suddenly became "secret agents"). But I want to point out here that it is often the case that unpaid claims are due to incomplete documentations! What I mean by "documentation" is the relevant documents such as a Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, copy of IC, doctor's report, etc. 

If you or someone you know had filed a claim and it was never paid, you may feel free to contact me on the right column,

or

If you or someone you know may want to dispute an unpaid claim (medical claims, accident, life, etc), you may contact Ombudsman Financial Services .
Their services are completely free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know how this article was helpful (or not helpful) to you!

The Problem with Wedding Vows